Friday, October 29, 2010

buddhist teachings from my son

i often ask my children, "what in the world are you doing?" quite frankly the expression is never far from my lips. i ask it when ronan has broken a glowstick open and is painting on the wall. i ask it when i hear bangs and stomps from upstairs that are louder than any normal person is capable of making. i ask it when atticus is standing on the back patio with out a stitch of clothing on and it's 20 degrees outside.

imagine my surprise and subsequent musings when my 4 year old asked me, "what are you doing in the world?"

what am i doing? trying to make a home from a house. trying to make men from boys. trying to navigate the perils of friendships. trying to survive life, no that's not right either, i'm trying to do more than survive i'm trying to thrive. trying to enjoy life and those i meet on my path and today i feel like i am succeeding. oh, how i am thankful for my little red haired buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment